Thursday, July 26, 2012

Garlic Lemon Roast Vegetable Salad

I went a little crazy at the Farmer's Market this weekend. The problem is that everything tends to be cheap and beautifully displayed, and I'm just a sucker for that combo. And the variety! So many options and you just want them all. Suffice it to say that for only spending $9, I have a refrigerator full of vegetables and only me to eat them.

I've been trying to meal plan (as suggested by Annie's Eats, which I adore) and so was trying to come up with a way to eat a ton of veggies in one meal. This just occurred to me as a delicious spin on salad. It seems fancy but is as simple as chopping up the vegetables into uniform chunks, tossing them in olive oil, chopped garlic and dried rosemary, squeezing half a lemon on top and tossing the lemon wedges through with it all and throwing it in the oven. I wanted to try roasting broccoli and kale so I threw them in a little later than the potato, carrots and pearl onions, as they take less time to cook. The kale gets super crispy and chewy - delicious. To serve I just put the veggies on a bed of baby spinach and sprinkled some feta cheese and pine nuts on the top. So delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment